As previously announced, G Suite subscriptions will transition to Google Workspace subscriptions.
If you're on an Annual/Fixed-Term Plan and have prepaid your yearly payment, there are two ways to transition after your contract period ends:
- Self-transition your organization
- Let Google transition your organization
Payment plan overview
You can view your payment plan on the BillingManage subscriptions page in the Google Admin console.
No upgrade or downgrade available during contract period. Set your renewal option to Flexible Plan, then switch subscriptions after renewal.
||Upgrade or downgrade your subscription at any time.|
If you have the Fixed-Term Plan with yearly payment, follow the instructions below to transition your G Suite subscription to Google Workspace. If you have a different payment plan, go to Google Workspace transition is happening now.
Self-transition to Google Workspace
If you want to choose the Google Workspace subscription your organization transitions to, follow these steps:
- Set your renewal option to Flexible Plan in your Admin console.
After your Fixed-Term Plan ends, your G Suite subscription will renew on the Flexible Plan.
- Switch to a Google Workspace subscription in your Admin console within 40 days after your contract renewal.
If you don't transition within 40 days after your renewal date, we'll automatically transition you to a Google Workspace subscription based on the features you currently use with your G Suite subscription. We’ll be in touch at least 30 days in advance with more information about the timing of your transition.
- To switch back to the Fixed-Term Plan (Yearly Payment) from the Flexible Plan after you transition to Google Workspace, contact Google Sales or your Google Partner.
When Google transitions you to Google Workspace
If you choose not to self-transition, Google will automatically transition your organization when your Fixed-Term contract ends. We'll transition you to a Google Workspace subscription based on the features you currently use with your G Suite subscription.
Payment plan you'll transition to
(Fixed-Term Plan with yearly payment)
(After Google transitions you)
|Payment plan for destination subscription|
|G Suite Basic||Google Workspace Business Starter||Fixed-Term
|Any Google Workspace subscription except Business Starter||Flexible Plan
|G Suite Business||Google Workspace Business Standard||Fixed-Term
|Any Google Workspace subscription except Business Standard||Flexible Plan
* In exceptional cases, Google may transition these subscriptions to the Flexible Plan (Monthly Payment).
After we automatically transition your subscription:
- Your pricing may change, depending on the subscription we transition you to, based on the features you currently use.
- Your payment plan may transition to a Flexible Plan with a monthly payment.
- You can view your payment plan on the BillingManage subscriptions page in the Google Admin console.
- If you're on the Flexible Plan (Monthly Payment), you can downgrade to any Google Workspace edition after we automatically transition your subscription. We don’t recommend doing this because you'll lose certain features after downgrading. Compare Google Workspace editions before deciding.
- If we transition you to a Flexible Plan (Monthly Payment) and you want to move back to the Fixed-Term Plan with a prepaid yearly payment:
- Contact Google Sales or your Google Partner to provision the Fixed-Term Plan (Yearly Payment) for you on the same edition.
- You can move to the Fixed-Term Plan (Yearly Payment) on a different edition but you'll lose the discounts you get as part of the automatic transition program.
- If your number of commitment licenses is more than 300, you can't downgrade to any of the Google Workspace Business editions: Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus.