All accounts with European Union (EU) business addresses are subject to Value Added Tax (VAT).
Accounts with "Business" tax status and a valid VAT ID are entitled to tax benefits as per applicable tax laws for the country as mentioned in Business Address listed for the account.
"Business" tax status, with an address outside Ireland
If you choose Business and your business address is outside Ireland:
- You would have to provide your VAT ID.
- We won't add VAT charges to your account. Instead, you'll be responsible for self-assessing and paying VAT at your EU member state's local rate. This is in accordance with article EU VAT Directive 2006/112/EC.
However, please note that we would not be able to extend above mentioned benefits if in case you have not provided us with a VALID VAT ID
"Non-business" tax status
If you choose Non-business:
- Your account will be subjected to standard VAT charges in the country of your business registration.
- We'll add VAT to your costs before you're charged.
- If you choose "Non-business," your business may be reviewed by a specialist. We reserve the right to change your tax status to "Business" if we find that you're using your account for business purposes.
Changing your tax status
If you originally selected "Non-business" but need to change your account status, contact us and provide your business details and VAT ID.
We'll review your account to verify that it's used for economic gain (e.g. for selling or buying). If it is, VAT won't be added to your charges any longer. You'll also receive a credit for any VAT that had been incorrectly paid.