Understand your monthly costs
View details about costs, payments, and other transactions associated with your Google billing account by going to your Admin console's Transactions page.Note:
- You need to set up G Suite billing to see transactions in your Admin console.
- If you have more than one subscription in your Google billing account, you'll see transactions for all subscriptions.
Open your Transactions page
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Billing.
Next to your subscription, click Actions Access billing account.
- Under Transactions, click View Transactions and Documents.
- Scroll to see a table of all transactions that have occurred in your billing account. Transactions are grouped by month. You see:
- Starting balance: Your balance on the first day of each calendar month.
- Debits: The combined costs for all your users on a particular day.
- Credits: The amount of each payment, as well as the amount of any adjustments applied to your account.
- Balance: The relationship between how much you've accrued in costs and how much you've paid. An amount in the Debits column increases your balance (meaning you owe more), while an amount in the Credits column decreases your balance (meaning you owe less). The balance represents the difference.
View transaction details
By default, your Transactions page is set to Detailed view. You see an entry for each day that some kind of billing activity occurred.
Details in the Description column can include:
- Subscription update: The number of seats added or removed that day. Click the link to see more details.
- Automatic payment scheduled: A bank account payment will take place in the next few days. This shows only if your primary payment method is a bank account.
- In progress: A cost, payment, or adjustment is underway.
- Payment: A manual payment you initiated from your Admin console has been applied to your account.
- Automatic payment: An automatic payment has been charged to your account.
- Payment declined: A manual payment you attempted from your Admin console wasn't successful.
- Automatic payment declined: An automatic charge we attempted wasn't successful.
- Service adjustment: A promotional credit, or a courtesy credit applied by a Google Specialist.
Summarize transactions by type
You can change the view of your Transactions page to instead summarize each month's transactions by type. Just switch the drop-down menu from Detailed to Summary.
For each month, you can then see totals for each type of transaction, like the total of all your Payments or Costs, all at a quick glance.
Filter transactions by date range or transaction type
To quickly find a particular transaction, you can filter your list by choosing options from the other drop-down menus above the list. You can filter by:
- Date range: At the top right of the table, select a date range. You can view by day, a few months, by quarter, by year, or define a custom date range.
- Transaction types: Choose an option from the All transactions drop-down menu to filter transactions by type:
- All transactions: All of the transaction types listed below.
- Costs: Your subscription costs.
- Payments: Payments we've received.
- Adjustments: Adjustments we've applied to your account.
- Taxes: Any taxes that we added to your subscription costs (for example, the VAT for European Union customers).