Understand your monthly costs
Applies to G Suite, Cloud Identity Premium, and other paid services managed in the Google Admin console.
If you have an invoiced billing account, this page doesn’t apply to you. Learn about your monthly costs here, instead.
View details about costs, payments, and other activity related to your Google billing account by going to your Admin console.
When am I charged?
The date you’re charged depends on your plan type. Most customers are on the Flexible Plan or the Annual Plan with monthly billing.
- Flexible Plan—You’re charged monthly. Our system tries to automatically charge your primary payment method between the 1st and the 5th of each month.
- Annual Plan, monthly billing—You’re charged monthly. Our system tries to automatically charge your primary payment method between the 1st and the 5th of each month.
- Annual Plan, yearly billing—You’re charged once a year for the entire year.
How much am I going to be charged?Your balance
The amount shown under Your balance on the Payments page reflects all the charges due on your account. For monthly customers, that includes this month’s charges and any previous charges that haven’t been paid.
Example: Say it’s August 1 and your account charges for July are 40 USD. The charges haven’t been deducted from your primary payment method yet. Your account charges for August are 5 USD, which won’t get deducted until early September. Your account balance is 45 USD.
For monthly customers, your actual payment is for the previous month’s charges only.
Example: Say it’s August 1 and your account charges for July are 40 USD. The system hasn’t automatically deducted them from your primary payment method yet. Your account charges for August are 5 USD. Between August 1 and August 5, you will pay 40 USD for your July charges. You will pay your August charges of 5 USD in early September.
How do I view my transactions?
If you have more than one subscription in your Google billing account, you’ll see transactions for all of them.Open your Transactions page
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Billing.
Next to your subscription, click Actions Access billing account.
- Under Transactions, click View Transactions and Documents.
- Scroll to see a table of all transactions that have occurred in your billing account. Transactions are grouped by month. You see:
- Starting balance—Your balance on the first day of each calendar month.
- Debits—The combined costs for all your users on a particular day.
- Credits—The amount of each payment, as well as the amount of any adjustments applied to your account.
- Balance—The relationship between how much you've accrued in costs and how much you've paid. An amount in the Debits column increases your balance (meaning you owe more), while an amount in the Credits column decreases your balance (meaning you owe less). The balance represents the difference.
By default, your Transactions page is set to Detailed view. You see an entry for each day that some kind of billing activity occurred.
Details in the Description column can include:
- Subscription update—The number of seats added or removed that day. Click the link to see more details.
- Automatic payment scheduled—A bank account payment will take place in the next few days. This appears only if your primary payment method is a bank account.
- In progress—A cost, payment, or adjustment is underway.
- Payment—We applied manual payment you initiated from your Admin console to your account.
- Automatic payment—We charged an automatic payment to your account.
- Payment declined—A manual payment you attempted from your Admin console wasn't successful.
- Automatic payment declined—An automatic charge we attempted wasn't successful.
- Service adjustment—A Google Specialist applied a promotional or courtesy credit.
You can change the view of your Transactions page to instead summarize each month's transactions by type. Just switch the drop-down list from Detailed to Summary.
For each month, you can see totals for each type of transaction, like the total of all your Payments or Costs, all at a quick glance.
To quickly find a transaction, narrow your list by choosing options from the other drop-downs above the list. You can filter by:
- Date range—At the top right of the table, select a date range. You can view by day, a few months, by quarter, by year, or define a custom date range.
- Transaction types—Choose an option from the All transactions drop-down list to filter transactions by type:
- All transactions—All of the transaction types listed below.
- Costs—Your subscription costs.
- Payments—Payments we received.
- Adjustments—Adjustments we applied to your account.
- Taxes—Any taxes that we added to your subscription costs (for example, the VAT for European Union customers).