Selecting automatic payment by bank account (direct debit)
Automatic payment by bank account is sometimes also called direct debit. Follow the instructions below to choose this payment method for your new Google billing account. First, however, click the link below for important information:How do I know whether automatic payment by bank account is right for me?
The availability of automatic payment by bank account to you depends on the country of your billing address and your selected currency.
Automatic payments mean that we charge you only after you accrue costs. You'll be billed on the last day of each month. Learn more about when you're billed.
If you choose automatic payments by bank account when you're first setting up your billing information, the bank account will be assigned as your primary form of payment for your account. However, you can change that assignment at any time, for instance if you decide you'd rather pay by credit card or a different bank account. When a bank account is your primary form of payment, Google will automatically deduct payments from it.
You'll be required to verify a test deposit (U.S. only) or provide us with a debit authorization (non-U.S.) before your service can begin. If you'd like your service to begin sooner, you can submit your credit card information after you initiate the bank account verification process. Your account can then run on your credit card until your bank account has been verified. Learn more about all this below.
You can select a bank account to be your automatic payment method. Here's how:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Billing > Access billing account. Where is it?
- Click Billing settings.
- Choose the country or territory of your billing address. Click Continue.
- Enter your billing information. Under What you pay with, select Bank account. Click Continue.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then click Submit and Activate.
- If you'd like your service to begin before you verify your bank account (step 8), click the Add credit card button. Follow the prompts to add your card.
- Your service can begin almost immediately after we authorize your credit card.
- Your card will be charged for your Google costs only until you verify your bank account.
- As soon as we receive your bank account verification, we'll switch to using your bank account as your primary form of payment.
- The credit card will be saved in your account, but will not be assigned to serve as an automatic form of payment. You can remove it or assign it at any time.
- Verify your bank account.
If you're in the U.S.
- A small test deposit from Google will appear in your bank account within the next three days.
- Enter the amount of the deposit on your account's Billing settings page. See full instructions.
When signing up, you'll be prompted to validate your bank account details by clicking on the "authorize" link. Click this link to authorize your bank account.
You'll need to print, complete, and send us a debit authorization. The process varies according to your location. See full instructions.
Once your bank account has been verified, your service will begin if it wasn't already.