Add a new credit card for automatic payments
Are you adding a card to fix a payment failure? Follow these steps instead.
To make automatic payments for a Google subscription using a new credit card, add the card to your Google billing account and make it your primary payment method. Google accepts international payments from Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Add a credit card as your primary payment method
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Billing.
- Next to your subscription, click and choose Access billing account.
Be sure to click the icon next to your subscription, not the one in the top-right corner of the screen.
- At the top of your Billing page, click Billing settings.
- Scroll to Your selections and click Add a new payment method.
- Select Credit or debit card. Then enter your card number and other information.
- (Important) Check the box to make this your Primary payment method.
- Click Save.
Once we authorize your card, Google will stop charging automatic payments to your old primary payment method and start charging your new card, instead.
Questions?When do automatic payments occur?
- G Suite: Once your free trial is over and your paid subscription begins, we begin charging your payment method at the beginning of the following month. If your paid service begins in May, for example, we charge you at the beginning of June. After that, automatic charges continue to occur at the beginning of each month.
- Domain Registration: We debit your account when you initially purchase your domain, then charge your payment method at the beginning of the following month. If your domain is set to auto-renew, we renew your domain 7 days prior to the annual renewal date and charge your payment method at the beginning of the following month.
In some countries, the billing address you specify for a payment method must be in the same country as the billing country you select when you set up your Google billing account. If that's true for your location, you can't enter any other country in a billing address. Nor can you change the billing country associated with your account.
If your billing address isn't in the country you selected for your billing account, you can:
- Add a new payment method with a billing address that is in your billing account's country.
- Transfer your account to one of our G Suite Partners who might be able to change your billing account's country for you.
When you add a credit card, we can typically authorize and begin charging it right away. In some cases, however, this might take a few hours.
When setting up a Google billing account
Your service will start running almost immediately after you enter valid credit card information in your new billing account. However, in some circumstances it can take a few hours.
When making a manual payment
When you make a manual payment, we check with your credit card provider right away to see if your card can accept the charge. If it can, we authorize your card almost immediately for the amount of your payment.
If your account was suspended because an automatic payment was declined and you're paying off your balance to lift the suspension, service will resume once your payment is complete.
It might take several hours for the payment to appear in your Transaction history.