Use the Google Apps setup wizard
You can set up Google Apps for your organization quickly and easily with the Google Apps setup wizard. After you sign up for your Google Apps account, you can access the setup wizard in your Google Admin console. The setup wizard is ideal for configuring Google Apps for small and medium businesses, and for running a Google Apps pilot with a few users.
What you'll do in the wizard:
- Access the wizard: Sign in to the Admin console. Click in the top corner and choose Setup.
- Verify your domain. If you haven't done so already, the wizard will ask you to prove you own your domain, which is required to begin using Google Apps with your domain.
- Create user accounts. Next, you'll step through moving your users to Google Apps. You can move all your users now. Or move just a few users who want to test our services.
- Set up Gmail and other services. Once you've added users, you can step through activating their Gmail accounts and setting up their core services, like Google Calendar, Drive, and Sites.
- Migrate mail, use mobile devices, and more. Throughout setup, the wizard lets you tailor configuration for your organization, asking whether you want to migrate old mail, set up Google Apps on mobile devices, and much more!
Sign in to the Admin console and open the gear menu to get started now.
Questions?Your timeline for deployment
With our setup wizard, your Google Apps deployment is quick and easy. In fact, most businesses with up to 50 users can deploy Google Apps in less than an hour. However, depending on your organization's size, complexity, and business needs, you may want to first pilot Google Apps with a few users and train your users before switching over to Google Apps. The setup wizard will guide you through these different scenarios.
During your free trial, and as a Google Apps for Work customer, you'll have access to our support team for help with setup. Google Apps partners are also available to help with data migration, training, and integrating Google Apps into your IT system.
Still need to sign up? Start your free trial