Verify via Google Analytics
If you use Google Analytics to track traffic to your domain's web site, you can verify your domain and activate G Suite using your Analytics tracking code. To do this, all of the following must be true:
- You must be an administrator on the Google Analytics account.
- Your Analytics tracking code must use the new asynchronous snippet.
- Your tracking code must be in the <head> (not <body>) section of your web site's home (index.html) page.
If all this is true, you can verify your domain as follows:
- Sign up for G Suite using the same administrator email address you use with Google Analytics.
Or if you've already signed up for G Suite using a different address, sign in to your Google Admin console and create another administrator account that matches your Analytics address. Then sign in to G Suite as that new administrator and click Confirm that you own your domain or Activate G Suite at the top of your dashboard to continue with the rest of these steps.
- Follow the instructions that appear to verify domain ownership. When prompted, choose Link to your Google Analytics account from the verification options.
- Click Verify, and Google will attempt to find your site's tracking code on the Internet. Once we successfully find your code, we'll verify your domain and activate your G Suite account.
Don't delete the tracking code from your web site's home page, as this will cause your domain to become unverified.
Google uses your tracking code only to verify domain ownership. We won't access any of your Google Analytics data.