Supported editions for this feature: Business Plus; Enterprise; Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus; Nonprofits. Compare your edition
Your users can share the locations they’re working from based on a weekly routine, as well as one-time locations. You can turn this feature off, which deletes any already-existing locations.
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceCalendar.
- Click Sharing settings.
- Click Working location.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- Check or uncheck Allow users to set their daily working location.
- Click Save. If you configured a child organizational unit, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit's settings.
If you turn working location off, it may take up to 36 hours to remove the working location feature and delete user working locations.
How working locations look
Working location currently only appears on Calendar surfaces, not in the Directory profile. If you:
- Turn working locations off—Others still see a Main office location section, which you control with a different setting.
- Keep working locations on—People with free or busy access to a calendar’s events see working location names on that calendar.