Turn on BIMI for your domain, add a DNS TXT record for BIMI at your domain provider.
Step 1. Create your BIMI record
Your BIMI record is a line of text that includes the URL of your brand logo SVG file. Use the examples in this section to create your own record.
- The URLs in this section are examples. Replace them with the URLs of your SVG image and VMC PEM files.
- In BIMI record syntax, the number 1, the uppercase letter i (I), and the lowercase letter L (l). appear similar. Be aware of these different characters in your BIMI record.
Example BIMI records
This is an example BIMI record that includes a VMC. This record includes 2 example URLs. Make sure to replace the example URLs with URLs for your own BIMI files:
- URL for your brand logo SVG file on your public web server.
- URL for your VMC on your public web server. Gmail requires a VMC to display BIMI logos in the Gmail inbox.
This is an example BIMI record that doesn’t use a VMC. Make sure to replace the example URL with the URL for your own SVG file location.
Step 2. Add your BIMI record at your domain provider
To turn on BIMI for your domain, add a DNS TXT record for BIMI at your domain provider.
If you need help adding a DNS record at your domain provider, refer to the documentation for your domain provider. The steps vary from provider to provider.
Keep in mind:
- The field names in the steps below might be different for your domain provider. DNS TXT record field names vary for domain providers.
- It can take up to 48 hours for BIMI to start working, and for logos to show in the recipient's inbox.
Add a DNS TXT record for BIMI:
- Sign in to the management console for your domain host.
- Locate the page where you update DNS records for your domain.
- Enter these values in the form for your domain provider’s DNS records:
|Field||Value to select or enter||Description|
|Type||TXT||This is the DNS record type.|
||Enter your BIMI record. Replace the example URLs shown here with your own URLs.|
|TTL||1 hour (3600 seconds)||Set the TTL to the equivalent of 1 hour.|
After you add the BIMI record at your domain, you’re done setting up BIMI for your domain. It can take up to 48 hours for BIMI to start working.
If you’re having issues, follow the recommendations in Troubleshoot BIMI issues.