As an administrator, you can use the audit and investigation page to run searches related to Meet recordings in Drive log events. There, you can use Google Drive log events to view how frequently meetings are recorded, who is recording or downloading them, and more. Export your Drive log event data to Google Sheets and analyze it with a Sheets pivot table or Looker Studio.
For a full list of services and activities that you can investigate, such as Google Drive or user activity, read through the data sources for the audit and investigation page.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Reports.
- On the left, click Audit and investigationDrive log events.
Click Add a filterselect Document type.
Click Document typeselect MP4click Apply.
Tip: Scroll down to see MP4.
Click Export all.
Enter a nameclick Export.
The export displays below the search results table under Export action results.
Click the export name link.
The log event data opens in Google Sheets.
The export might take time to download depending on the number of users in your domain.
Analyze your dataUse Google Sheets
After you export the data, you can use Google Sheets to analyze it with a pivot table.
You can see which users in your organization are recording Meet video calls and how often those recordings are viewed or downloaded.
- In Sheets, open the spreadsheet that contains the Meet data.
- Select all of your data, click DataPivot tableCreate.
- On the right, under Pivot table editor:
- At Rows, click AddOwner.
- At Columns, click AddEvent.
- At Values, click AddEvent Name.
- At Filters:
- Click AddEvent name.
- Under Status, click Showing all itemsClearCreate, Download, and View.
- Click Ok.
After you export the log event data, you can visualize it using a Looker Studio template.
To use Looker Studio, verify that your account has Looker Studio access in your Admin console settings.
- Open the Looker Studio template.
- Click More Make a copy.
- Under New data source, click the Down arrow Create new data source.
- Choose Google Sheets and select the data file you exported from Sheets.
- Click Connect.
- Review the columns and click Add to report.
You are now in Edit mode.
- At the top right, click View to enter View mode.
- Use the navigation bar on the side to review different insights into your Meet recordings.