As an administrator, you can use the Google Drive audit log in the Google Admin console to view how frequently meetings are recorded, who is recording or downloading them, and more. To do this, export your Drive audit log data to Google Sheets and analyze it with a Sheets pivot table or Data Studio.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Reports.
- On the left, under Audit log, click Drive.
- Click Add a filter.
- Click Item TypeMP4 video.
Note: You might have to scroll down to see MP4 video.
- Click Add a filter again.
- Click Item name and enter GMT.
- Click Apply.
- When the report is complete, click Download .
- Ensure Currently selected columns and Google Sheets are selected and click Download.
The export might take some time to download depending on the number of users in your domain.
Analyze your dataUse a pivot table
After you export the data, use Google Sheets to analyze it with a pivot table. You can see which users in your organization are recording Meet video calls and how often those recordings are viewed or downloaded.
- In Sheets, open the spreadsheet that contains the Meet data.
- Select all of your data, click DataPivot table.
- At Create pivot table, click Create.
- On the right, under Pivot table editor:
- At Rows, click AddOwner.
- At Columns, click Add Event name.
- At Values, click AddEvent Name.
- At Filters:
- Click AddEvent name.
- Under Status, click Showing all items and, above, click Clear all.
- In the Showing all items list, click Create, Download, and View.
- Click Ok.
After you export the data, you can visualize it using a Data Studio template. Verify that your account has Data Studio access in your Admin console settings. You can turn the service on for a subset of users. For more details, go to Turn services on or off for users.
- Open the Data Studio template.
- Click More Make a copy.
- Under New data source, click the Down arrow Create new data source.
- Choose Google Sheets and select the data file you exported from Sheets.
- Click Connect.
- Review the columns and click Add to report.
You are now in Edit mode.
- At the top right, click View to enter View mode.
- Use the navigation bar on the side to review different insights into your Meet recordings.