About Google Apps Directory Sync
With Google Apps Directory Sync (GADS), you can automatically add, modify, and delete users, groups, and non employee contacts to synchronize the data in your Google Apps domain with your LDAP directory server. The data in your LDAP directory server is never modified or compromised. GADS is a secure tool that help you easily keep track of users and groups.
You use the GADS Configuration Manager to customize synchronizations. You can perform test synchronizations to find what works best for your organization and then schedule synchronizations to occur when you need them.
Need to sync data for your school? To sync directory data from a student information system, use Google Apps School Directory Sync.
Key benefits of GADS
- Synchronizes your Google Apps user accounts to match the user data in an existing LDAP server.
- Supports sophisticated rules for custom mapping of users, groups, nonemployee contacts, user profiles, aliases, calendar resources, and exceptions.
- Performs a one-way synchronization. Data on your LDAP server is never updated or altered.
- Runs as a utility in your server environment. There is no access to your LDAP directory server data outside your perimeter.
- Includes extensive tests and simulations to ensure correct synchronization.
- Includes all necessary components in the installation package.