Editions supported: The option to create calendar resources is only available in Google Apps for Business and Education. Compare editions now
What is a calendar resource?
A calendar resource is anything you schedule that isn't an event. The most common example is a meeting room. Other examples might include projectors, company fleet cars, guest offices or quiet work areas, recreation areas or equipment, or any other resource that the people in your organization might schedule a time to use.
To add resources that users in your domain can schedule on their calendars:
Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Settings and then select Calendar in the left column.
- Click Resources.
- Click Create a new resource.
- Enter the resource name, type, and description.
We suggest you follow naming conventions to make your resources easy for your users to find.
- Click Create resource.
After you've created a resource, you should:
- Add the resource to your My Calendars list so you can manage it.
- Share the resource with the appropriate users.
- Test scheduling your resource. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours before users can schedule a newly-created resource.