If you purchased your service from a reseller, go here instead | Do I have a reseller?
If you're on the Annual Plan/Fixed-Term, you can downgrade editions only after you Switch from Annual to Flexible Plan.
To upgrade from the legacy free edition of G Suite, go here instead.
You can transition your G Suite or Google Workspace subscription to Business Starter edition.
What to know before you switch editions
Everyone in your organization gets the same subscription. For example, you can’t transition some users to Business Plus while others keep using Business Standard edition.
If you’re on an Annual/Fixed-Term Plan, the transition includes all of your current users.
Only organizations with 300 or fewer users can switch from an Enterprise edition to a Business edition.
If you switch editions during your free trial, any unused days apply to your new subscription. For example, if on the 10th day of your free trial you switch editions, the last 4 days of the free trial apply to the new subscription.
If you downgrade your edition and lose a feature, such as data loss prevention (DLP) or Google Vault, you can get the feature back if you upgrade within 51 days. Otherwise, you need to wait until after 84 days to upgrade to an edition with the feature.
Not sure which edition to switch to? Compare features in Google Workspace editions.
What features will I lose?
Sign in to compare features
If you're already an administrator for a G Suite or Google Workspace account, sign in now to compare features across available editions: Sign in to your account (doesn't end in gmail.com).
What to do before you switch
If you’re using advanced endpoint management, turn on basic management to make sure users who enrolled their devices don’t lose access to their Google Workspace data on mobile devices.
If you’ve set Vault retention rules or holds, be sure to preserve Vault data when switching editions.
Review your organization's storage use
You get 30 GB per user added to your organization's pooled storage. To determine if you’ll have enough space:
- In the Admin console, go to Menu Billing Subscriptions.
- Click your subscription.
- In the expanded section, find the number of user licenses you currently have.
- Multiply the number of licenses by 30. If you have Google Workspace Additional Storage subscriptions, multiply the number of subscriptions by 10,000 (10 TB = 10,000 GB) and add that to the first number. The result is your organization’s total pooled storage limit in GB after you switch to Business Starter.
- Next go to Menu Storage.
- At the top, find your organization’s current storage use. If it’s more than your calculated total storage limit with Business Starter, free up or get more storage before you switch to avoid service interruptions.
If your organization's total storage use exceeds your pooled storage limit after you switch
Users don’t lose any data, but they have the following restrictions:
- Gmail—Users see warnings that they soon won’t be able to send or receive messages.
- Google Drive:
- Users can’t upload any new files to Drive.
- Users can’t save Gmail attachments to Drive.
- Users can’t create files in collaborative content creation apps, such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, Recorder, and Jamboard.
- Users can’t edit files created in collaborative content creation apps after May 2, 2022. They can still edit files created in those apps before May 2, 2022.
- Google Photos—Users can upload only new photos and videos under certain size limits. For details, go to Choose the upload size of your photos and videos.
Switch to Business Starter
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using an account with super administrator privileges (does not end in @gmail.com).
In the Admin console, go to Menu BillingGet more services.
- Scroll to Business Starter and click Switch.
Review the impact this change will haveclick Get started.
Select a payment plan:
- Flexible Plan—No long-term commitment, pay for the users that you have each month, and add or remove users as needed.
- Annual Plan (Monthly Payment)—Requires a one-year contract, pay a monthly user commitment, and add users as needed. To increase the number of users, for users needed, enter a new number. The Annual Plan is not available when you downgrade to a lower-level edition.
(Optional) To add a promotional code, for Flexible Plan, click Add promotion code and enter the code.
Click CheckoutPlace Order.