If you're on the Annual Plan/Fixed-Term, you can downgrade editions only after you Switch from Annual to Flexible Plan.
To upgrade from the legacy free edition of G Suite, go here instead.
You can transition your G Suite or Google Workspace subscription to Enterprise Standard edition.
What to know before you switch editions
Everyone in your organization gets the same subscription. For example, you can’t transition some users to Business Plus while others keep using Business Standard edition.
If you’re on an Annual/Fixed-Term Plan, the transition includes all of your current users.
If you’re upgrading and your current subscription is on the Annual/Fixed-Term Plan with yearly payments, you can only switch to the Annual/Fixed-Term Plan with monthly payments. After you switch, you get a prorated credit for any remaining yearly subscription balance.
If you switch editions during your free trial, any unused days apply to your new subscription. For example, if you switch editions on the 10th day of your free trial, the last 4 days of the free trial apply to the new subscription.
Not sure which edition to switch to? Compare features in Google Workspace Enterprise editions.
What features will I lose?
Switching from Enterprise Plus
- Advanced video conferencing—Enhanced noise cancellation.
- Live streaming—Live streams will be limited to 10,000 participants.
- Hosted S/MIME—You can no longer enable the Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions standard or require encryption for incoming and outgoing mail messages.
- Security center—You will no longer have access to information and analytics about the security issues that may be affecting your domain. You will also lose access to the security sandbox.
- Access transparency—You can no longer review logs of actions taken by Google staff when accessing user content.
- Work Insights—You can't access the reporting tool to get detailed metrics on your users' Google Workspace adoption, work patterns, and collaboration.
- Data regions—You can choose one geographic location for all users in your organization, but you lose access to advanced features, such as choosing different locations based on organizational unit or group, and reporting and auditing.
Step 1: Switch to Enterprise Standard
In the Admin console, go to Menu BillingGet more services.
Next to the edition you want, click Switch.
Review the impact this change will haveclick Get started.
If your current subscription is on the Flexible Plan, select a payment plan for your new subscription:
- Flexible Plan—No long-term commitment, pay for the users that you have each month, and add or remove users as needed.
- Annual Plan (Monthly Payment)—Requires a one-year contract. Pay a monthly user commitment and add users as needed. To increase the number of users, for users needed, enter a new number. The Annual Plan is not available when you downgrade to a lower-level edition.
If your current subscription is on the Annual Plan (yearly or monthly payments), select Annual Plan (Monthly Payment) as the payment plan for your new subscription.
(Optional) To add a promotional code, for Flexible Plan, click Add promotion code and enter the code.
Click CheckoutPlace Order.
(Optional) Step 2: Set up data retention with Google Vault
You can preserve data in supported Google Workspace services indefinitely or delete it after a set time, as required by your organization's information governance policies. To learn more, go to Set up Vault for your organization.