I. General Restrictions and Requirements:
- You are solely responsible for your contest.
- Your contest on YouTube must comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in the jurisdiction(s) where your contest is offered or promoted.
- Your contest cannot infringe upon or encourage the infringement of any third party rights or the participation in any unlawful activity.
- Your contest may only accept entries from users aged 18 and up, or, the age of majority in the jurisdiction(s) where your contest is offered or promoted if it is over 18.
- You cannot ask the user to give all rights for, or transfer the ownership of, their entry to you.
- Your contest must be free to enter.
- Your contest must be a game of skill where the winner is determined by a set of clear judging criteria.
- You may not utilize channel functions, such as video likes or view counts, to conduct your contest.
- You may only use any data collected from entrants for contest administration purposes and cannot re-use the data for marketing purposes (even if the user has expressly opted-in to that use).
- You cannot use the the YouTube embedded player or YouTube API to run a contest offsite.
II. Your Official Rules:
- You must have a set of "Official Rules" which:
- a. include links to the YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines and indicate entries which don’t comply will be disqualified.
- b. state all disclosures required by all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in all jurisdictions in which your contest is offered or promoted.
- c. are wholly compliant and consistent with the YouTube Terms of Service.
- Your contest must be conducted, and all prizes awarded as outlined in your rules.
- You are responsible for your rules and all aspects of your contest administration.
- Your rules must clearly state that YouTube is not a sponsor of your contest and ask users to release YouTube from all liability related to your contest.
- You must include a legally compliant privacy notice in your Official Rules which explains how you will use any personal data you collect for the contest and adhere to that use.
III. Contest Submission Gadget:
- If you build a custom gadget or use a vendor to create your contest gadget, you must comply with all contest gadget technical specifications.
- Your gadget must be approved by YouTube’s technical and policy teams before it can go live.
IV. YouTube Services and Site Functionality:
- YouTube services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. You understand that YouTube is not responsible for any issues with your contest should there be a problem or interruption on the YouTube site or with any YouTube functionality.
- Once the contest has ended, YouTube may close your account and you may no longer be able to directly retrieve entries.
- Videos entered in your contest will be available on YouTube, both during and following the completion of your contest.
V. Responsibilities and Liability:
- YouTube has the right to remove your contest for any reason.
- You are responsible for approving any videos for entry into your contest and for including or displaying the videos on your channel or elsewhere. You are responsible for any liability if you post or publish the entries on your channel or elsewhere.
- Should YouTube remove your contest based on violation of these terms, you release YouTube from any liability.
- As applicable, in no event shall YouTube, its parent corporation, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for damages resulting from any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from YouTube, (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or similar issues if transmitted to or through YouTube by any third party, and/or (vi) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred. This limitation of liability applies to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
- As applicable, you agree to defend and indemnify YouTube, its parent corporation, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to YouTube for your contest under these policies; (ii) your violation of any term of the contest policies; (iii) any violation within your contest of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; (iv) any claim from any third party relating to or arising from your contest; or (v) any claim that your contest violates any law, rule or regulation. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these policies and your use of YouTube.