You can review comments and video responses for your videos before they're posted, or even prevent others from commenting on your videos altogether.
Disable comments on a videoHere’s how to disable (or enable) comments and video responses:
- Click the arrow next to the Upload button at the top of the page
- Select Video Manager
- Click the Edit button under the video you wish to edit
- Click Advanced Settings
- Adjust your preferences under “Comments and responses”, then Save changes
Require approval for comments before they're posted
If you want to be able to review comments and videos before they’re posted, follow steps 1-4 in the instructions above. Then, under “Allows comments” and “Allow video responses”, select Approved.
When somebody leaves a comment, you’ll receive an email notification that directs you to a page where you can approve or remove the comment. Or, you can see the pending comments by following these steps:
- Click your username in the top right corner
- Click Inbox
- Click Comments on the left side of the page