Want to upload a video you've recorded on your phone? If you have an Android or iOS device, you can use the YouTube App or YouTube Capture. For other devices, use email or MMS.
Upload from AndroidThe easiest way to upload videos from an Android device is to use the YouTube app. However, if you'd like, you can also upload the video by emailing the video (instructions are in the section below).
- Open the YouTube app by tapping the YouTube icon from a Home or All Apps screen.
- Tap YouTube at the top left of the screen, then your Account name.
- Tap the Upload icon at the top of the screen and select the video you want to upload.
- Tap Upload.
Upload from iPhones and iPads
The easiest way to upload videos from an iOS device is to download and use the YouTube Capture app. You can also upload videos using email or Multimedia Messaging by following the instructions below.
Upload using email or Multimedia Messaging (MMS)Here's how to send the video from your device to a special email address that's provided with your YouTube account.
Part 1: Find your unique email address for uploading videos
- On a desktop computer, visit your YouTube Settings.
- Under the "Account Information" section, find "Mobile uploads". You'll see an email address that looks something like firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't see an email address? Click the Create Mobile Profile button and enter the information required. Click the Create Profile button to create an email address.
Part 2: Upload the videoTo upload the video, email the video to the address you found in Part 1. You'll receive a confirmation SMS or email letting you know the video was successfully uploaded.
You can edit the video and its settings by visiting YouTube on a desktop computer.