Are you able to hear the audio of a YouTube video, but can’t see it due to one of the following problems?
- video player is black, white or green
- colors are splotchy
- a green line is splitting the player in two
- video progress bar is missing or displayed incorrectly
If so, try these troubleshooting steps:Disable hardware acceleration
There may be issues with a feature in Adobe Flash Player called “hardware acceleration.” Hardware acceleration usually delivers a better video playing experience, but sometimes causes the problems listed above. Here’s how to disable hardware acceleration:
- Right-click on the on the video you’re having issues with
- Click Settings
- Uncheck Enable hardware acceleration
- Click Close
- Refresh the page and check whether the video is working
Once you disable hardware acceleration, the setting will apply across all internet browsers on your computer.
Updating your computer’s graphics driver may correct many of the problems listed above.
For PC users: visit the website of your computer manufacturer to download the latest driver.
For Mac users:
- Click the Apple logo.
- In the Apple menu, click Software Update.
- Install the Mac OS update if available--it will include the graphics driver update.