A Mobile Sitemap uses the Sitemap protocol, along with a specific
A sample Mobile Sitemap containing listing a single entry is shown below.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9" xmlns:mobile="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap-mobile/1.0"> <url> <loc>http://mobile.example.com/article100.html</loc> <mobile:mobile/> </url> </urlset>
- If you plan to use a Sitemap creation tool, you should check to see that it can create Mobile Sitemaps.
- A Mobile Sitemap can contain only URLs that serve mobile web content. Any URLs that serve only non-mobile web content will be ignored by the Google crawling mechanisms. If you have non-mobile content, create a separate Sitemap for those URLs.
- If the <mobile:mobile/> tag is missing, your mobile URLs won't be properly crawled.
- URLs serving multiple markup languages can be listed in a single Sitemap.
- Each Mobile Sitemap must have a unique name.
- If you use our Sitemap Generator to create your Mobile Sitemaps, you'll need to create a separate config file for each Mobile Sitemap.
Sitemaps currently supports and automatically detects the following markup languages:
Once you have created your Sitemap, submit it to Google just like a regular Sitemap.