For details about how we handle your personal information, please see the Google Wallet Privacy Notice.
Privacy and Security
Google takes the privacy of your information seriously. Your payment information and shipping addresses can be saved in your Google Wallet to make future purchases more convenient and secure. We guarantee that:
- Your account information is stored on our secure servers.
- Your purchase information is encrypted during transmission with industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
- Personally identifiable information about your transactions are not disclosed to advertisers or sellers for marketing purposes.
Sellers may have access to your name, address, telephone number, and email address, as necessary to complete your transaction.
At this time, it isn't possible to edit or delete items from the Transactions section of your Google Wallet. This section of your account will serve as a useful record of all your purchases.
Saving/Removing Payment Information
If you don't want to save your payment information in your Google Wallet, you can delete it after making a purchase. Follow these steps to remove a card from your payment information:
- Sign in to your account at https://wallet.google.com/.
- Click Payment methods along the left side of the page.
- Click Delete next to the card information that you'd like to remove.
You can also learn more about managing your account settings.
Sharing Your Email Address
Google Wallet will only share your email address with a seller if you make a purchase from their store. If you use Google Wallet to buy from a store you've shopped with in the past, they may associate your Google Wallet with the information they already have on file. This allows for streamlined communication and better customer service.
You also have the option to receive promotional emails from sellers - simply leave the box checked next to I want to receive promotional emails. If you'd rather not receive product updates, special offers, or promotions from the seller, uncheck the box.
If you no longer want to receive promotional emails from a seller, simply click the 'Stop receiving emails from...' opt-out link at the bottom of any email from that seller.