Google is committed to providing policies that benefit our users, advertisers, partners, and Google. To achieve this goal, we maintain high standards for items accepted into the Trader program. In addition to Google's Terms of service the policies listed below apply to your use of Google Trader. From time to time, we may change our content policies, so please check here often for updates. We reserve the right to reject or approve any item or any account at any time.
General Posting Policies
- All items and any web pages that you link to must be in English.
- All ads should be relevant to the local community.
- You must provide an accurate location for your items.
- Your URLs must link to a working website.
- Your URLs must link directly to the webpages that contain information about your items.
- If you do provide a link to another site, your listing on Google Trader should include relevant and sufficient information about your item to allow users to decide whether the item is interesting or not.
- We do not allow links to an email address or a file (e.g. an image, audio, video, or document file) that requires an additional program or application to open or run.
- We do not allow links or image links to sites with a robots.txt file that prevents Google from crawling. Learn more about robots.txt.
- We do not allow links to content or landing pages that require a registration or password to view or require the acceptance of cookies to render.
- We do not allow links that redirect.
- You must select the most relevant category for your posts.
- We reserve the right to re-categorize any items posted on Google Trader.
- You must provide adequate contact details in your posts. That includes phone number and/or email. Posts without contact details will be removed.
- Google may use these details to contact you about your Google Trader account (e.g to warn you that your item listing is about to expire) or to request your feedback about your experience with Google Trader.
- You are not allowed to post the same item multiple times.
- You can only post an item in the most relevant category. Posting in multiple categories is not permitted.
- If your items are older but still valid and you want to refresh them, you should edit and re-post them, please do not post duplicates.
Prohibited Items and Content:
|Adult goods and services||Posting is not permitted for adult goods and services, including goods and services containing nudity, sexually explicit content, pornography, prostitution or non-consensual adult material.|
|Affiliates||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of affiliate sites, products sold through a commission-based relationship, or sites that sell through cataloged third-party drop-shipping programs. This includes item pages that are made up primarily of advertisements, or pages where advertisements obstruct the view of the item.|
|Animals and endangered species||Posting is not permitted for the sale of endangered or legally-protected species, including products generated by those species.|
|Anti and Violence||
Items and associated websites may not promote violence or advocate against a protected group. A protected group is distinguished by their:
|Body parts||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of body parts or human remains.|
|Borrowed content||Posting is not permitted for content borrowed from other websites. You must own the content you submit, or you must be submitting on behalf of the content owner.|
|Bulk marketing tools||
The promotion of the following bulk marketing products is not permitted if the stated or implied use of these products is unsolicited spam:
|Cable descramblers and black boxes||Posting is not permitted for products that descramble cable and satellite signals in order to get free cable services.|
|Child pornography||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of pornographic materials involving minors or content that encourages or promotes sexual attraction towards children. We have a zero tolerance policy towards content of this nature and, where appropriate, will report violators to law enforcement.|
|Copyright unlocking devices||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of mod chips or other devices designed to circumvent copyright protection.|
|Copyrighted media and software||All items must respect copyright and trademark law. Posting is not permitted for unauthorized copies of media, software, or other licensed or protected material.|
|Counterfeit and unauthorized goods||Posting is not permitted for products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods; items without a celebrity endorsement that would normally require such an association; fake autographs, counterfeit stamps, and other potentially unauthorized goods.|
|Dialers||We do not permit items that are associated with dialers in any way.|
|Drug test circumvention aids||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of products such as drug cleansing shakes and urine test additives.|
|Drugs and drug paraphernalia||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of illegal drugs and drug accessories, including herbal drugs such as salvia and magic mushrooms.|
|Duplication and mirrors||We do not permit duplicate posted content, or the promotion of mirrored sites or products. Posting using automated software programs or "robots" is not permitted.|
|False representation||You may not post on behalf of Google, or otherwise impersonate a Google employee. You also may not post on behalf of or impersonate another individual or an organization that you are not authorized to represent.|
|Gaming/gambling||Posting is not permitted for online casinos, sports books, bingo, and affiliates with the primary purpose of driving traffic to online gambling sites.|
|Government IDs or documents||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of fake IDs, passports, diplomas, and noble titles.|
|Hacking and cracking materials||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of manuals, how-to guides, information, or equipment enabling illegal access to software, servers, websites, or other protected property.|
|Illegal goods and services||
Posting must be in accordance with all applicable laws.Posting is not permitted for materials, products, or information promoting illegal goods or enabling illegal acts.
You may not disclaim knowledge of, or responsibility for, the authenticity or legality of the items you offer. You must authenticate any items you sell.
|Keyword stuffing||You may not post excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords.|
|Malware and Phishing||You may not use this product to link to malware or viruses nor to engage in phishing activity.|
|Miracle cures||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of unsubstantiated cures, remedies or other items marketed as quick health fixes.|
|Multi-level marketing||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of multi-level marking (MLM) businesses or other businesses that recruit members and offer them rewards for recruiting others and/or selling services ("pyramid schemes").|
|Personal Information||You may not post content that includes contact or personal information about another individual without their permission.|
|Prescription drugs or pharmacies||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of prescription drugs.|
|Pyrotechnic devices and hazardous materials||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of fireworks and related goods; toxic, explosive, flammable, and radioactive materials and substances. This includes information on how to create explosive devices.|
|Weapons||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of illegal knives or other illegal weapons.|
|Wholesale currency||Posting is not permitted for the promotion of discounted currencies or currency exchanges.|
All items that you post should follow three principles:
- Be honest and factual.
- Describe your message clearly and accurately.
- Include relevant and complete information about your items with attributes where applicable.
In addition, make sure you:
- Use standard spelling and grammar. Avoid any repeated and unnecessary use of punctuation, capitalization or symbols. Don't use exclamation points in your item titles. The use of symbols, numbers, and letters should adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
- Avoid gimmicky repetition. You may not post excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords.
- Avoid offensive or inappropriate language.
Specific Policies for Job Listings:
- Each job listing should advertise one job opportunity.
- Posting is not permitted for advertising multiple job openings or general employment services.
- Posting is not permitted for job opportunities that require upfront payments.
- Posting is not permitted for job opportunities without a clear description of the type of work required.
- Posting is not permitted for "work from home" jobs or jobs that only pay by commission unless there is a very clear description of the product or service sold.
- Links in job posts are allowed only if they point to a web page with additional information about the specific job.
- Listings and the jobs to which they refer to must be in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Listings should clearly describe the nature and requirements of the job opportunity.
- For job listings the location field should describe the location of the job, not the location of the poster.