Find what you need by searching for an item using keywords, browsing for listings by category, searching in specific locations, or finding out what’s popular on Google Trader.
Searching for items on Google Trader
- Go to Google Trader’s homepage and look for the search box at the top of the page.
- Enter two or three words that accurately describe the item you are looking for, then click the Search button (the button with the magnifying glass icon). For example, you might try entering "Toyota Corolla."
- If you don't get enough results, try different keywords. If you have too many results, try additional keywords to narrow down the listings.
- If you don’t get any results at all, make sure you’re not searching in the wrong category. For instance, you’re unlikely to get any results for "Toyota Corolla" if you’re searching in the Furniture category since it is a vehicle. You can also try the search suggestions that will show up automatically for Other Categories and Everywhere when there are no search results.
Browsing for items on Google Trader
Browse by clicking the category links that interest you. To refine these results, add keywords to the search bar at the top of each category page.
Searching by location on Google Trader
There are two ways to search by location on Google Trader:
- Enter the name of your city or town as one of your search keywords. For example, "Buy Toyota Corolla Kampala" will only display listings for cars that are for sale within 50 kilometers of Kampala.
- Click the category that interests you or enter your search terms. You’ll then see a list of locations at the bottom left of the page. Click on the location that is nearest to you and this will show you the listings in or near that location.
Browsing popular searches on Google Trader
On the Google Trader homepage, you’ll see search terms linked at the bottom of each category. These are the most popular search terms for each of those categories. If you click on the search terms, you will be taken to the search results for those terms directly.