- Select Single
- Select Multiple
- Edit Path
- Move Points
- Add Points
- Remove Points
- Adjust Curvature
Shapes can be scaled using the scale grips on the bounding box of an entity. To scale an entity:
- Select the Select tool () . The cursor changes to an arrow ().
- Click on an entity. The selected entity is highlighted by a bounding box and surrounded by small triangles. The entity contains a center grip (a circle with a cross-hair) with an attached rotation grip (a solid circle).
- Move the cursor over an arrow-shaped scale grips on the edge of the entity, such as a horizontal scale grip (). The cursor will also change to reflect the direction of scale, such as a horizontal scale ().
- Click and hold the mouse button on an scale grip to begin the scale operation.
- Move the cursor to scale the entity. The cursor will display the scale amount in the X and Y directions.
- Release the mouse button to finish the scale operation.
Maintaining aspect ratio while scaling
Press and hold the Shift key while scaling an entity to retain the aspect ratio of the entity.
Creating a scaled copy
Press and hold the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (Mac OS X) key while scaling to create a scaled copy of the original entity.
Scaling about the center
Press and hold the Alt (Microsoft Windows) or Command (Mac OS X) key while scaling to scale about the entity's center grip.