3D text is text is composed of regular SketchUp geometry (edges and surfaces). To create 3D text:
- Select the 3D Text tool. The 3D Text dialog box appears.
- Type text in the text field.
- Optionally, modify settings in the Place 3D Text dialog box. See The 3D Text dialog box for further information.
- Click on the Place button. You are placed in a move operation with the 3D text and the move tool.
- Move the 3D text to the desired location. Refer to the Move tool for further information.
Note: Press the Esc key at any point during the operation to start over.