You can preselect several entities to move prior to performing a move operation. To preselect and move entities:
- Select the Select tool (). The cursor will change to an arrow.
- Select the entities to be moved.
- Select the Move tool (). The cursor will change to a four-way arrow.
- Click once on an entity to begin the move operation. The point where you click on the entity is called the move point.
- Move your mouse to move the entities. The selected entities will follow as you move your mouse. Also, an inference line will appear between the start and ending points of the move, and the distance of the move is displayed dynamically in the Measurements Toolbar. You can also type in a specific distance as described below. The following image shows a component being moved:
Tip: Follow inference lines to easily align items in 3D space. Select corners of components as your move point and align to corners of other components when aligning components side-by-side (such as when aligning kitchen cabinet components).
- Click at the destination point to finish your move operation.
Note: Press the Esc key at any point during the operation to start over.