Creating complex geometry
To create complex geometry using the Intersect With Model Tool:
- Create two distinct geometries, such as a box and a tube.
- Select the Select tool (). The cursor changes to an arrow.
- Triple-click on the tube to select all of the entities of the tube.
- Select the Move tool (). The cursor will change to a four-way arrow.
- Move the tube such that it intersects the box completely in any way you like. Notice that no edges exist where the tube meets the faces of the box on the box's top face. The tube should remain selected although it is within the box.
- Context-click on the selected tube.
- Select Intersect Faces > With Model from the context commands menu. The tool creates edges where the tube intersects the box.
- Delete or move the portions of the tube that you do not want to keep. Notice that SketchUp will have created new subdivided faces where the tube intersected the box.