To upload a KMZ file to the 3D Warehouse:
- Click on the 'Sign In' link to Sign into the 3D Warehouse with your Google Account. The "Google accounts" page appears.
- Enter your Email address and password.
- Click the Sign In button. The main 3D Warehouse screen reappears.
- Click the Upload button in the upper right-hand corner of the main 3D Warehouse screen. The "Upload to 3D Warehouse page" appears.
- Click on the first Browse button and locate the KMZ file to upload.
- Fill in the 'title' field. Try to use terms that identifies your model from other models. For example, titling your model "bed" might cause it to be harder to find among all bed models. But, titling your model "queen bed" or "queen pillow-top bed" might better help people find it.
- Fill in the 'description' field. Descriptions should include any information about the model that might be useful to the user of the model. For example, for buildings you might add historical information, date the building was built, architectural style, and so on.
- (optional) Fill in the 'website' field if you have a web page that contains more model about your model.
- (optional)Click on the Browse button next to the logo field to find a logo, such as a company logo, to associate with your model
- Fill in the 'tags' field. tags are keywords or short phrases that describe your model. Tags make models easier to find during a search. Try to anticipate what terms searchers might use to find models like yours. Separate each tag with a comma (,).
- (optional)Select the Publicly-viewable if you want everyone to be able to view and download your model. You can specify who can view your model if you do not select this checkbox.
- (optional)Select the Show list of links for containing collections to display a list of collections that contain this model.
- (optional)Select the Allow 3D warehouse users to contact me about this model to display a "Contact" button on your model's details page allowing others to contact you.
- Click on the Upload button to upload your model to the 3D Warehouse. Your model is uploaded and the 3D Warehouse Model Details page appears.
Note: You must have a Google Account to upload models to the 3D Warehouse. Click on 'Create an account now' to create a Google Account
Note: Your Google Account login information is the same as your login for any Google product, including iGoogle, Gmail, Picasa Web Albums and Google Docs.
It is recommended that you send your Collada (DAE) file through the Collada Coherency Test before attempting to upload to the 3D Warehouse. Visit this blog post to learn how to extract a DAE file from a KMZ file.
Refer to KMZ File Requirements for information on the requirements for any non-SketchUp generated KMZ file.