Sometimes, you need to replace a SketchUp model you've uploaded to the 3D Warehouse with a new version of the same model. Re-uploading an edited version of the same model ensures that its URL (web address), ratings and collection information stay the same. If your model is marked as Google Earth Ready, re-uploading will also ensure that your model is reviewed again for inclusion in Google Earth's 3D Buildings layer.
Follow these steps to replace a SketchUp model with a newer version of the same model on the 3D Warehouse:
- Locate the model you want to replace on the 3D Warehouse.
- Download the model by clicking the Download Model button. If a dialog box pops up that asks if you want to "load this directly into your SketchUp model?", click No.
- In SketchUp, open the model you just downloaded from the 3D Warehouse.
- Make whatever edits you like to your model.
- Upload your model to the 3D Warehouse when you're finished editing it.
Once it's uploaded, the new version of your model will replace the old version in the 3D Warehouse.