The Location Picker contains the following:
- A map of the world where you will begin your search for a building to create.
- View buttons.
- The Available Locations drop-down list.
- Accepted models counter.
- Status bar.
- Search box.
- The Left Panel button.
- On-screen navigation Controls for navigating to the building you want to create.
- Steps for creating a building.
- Links for selecting a random location and getting help.
When started, Building Maker displays a map of the world with place markers indicating locations where you can create 3D buildings.
There are three view buttons:
- Map - A standard white map containing countries, states, major cities, roads, oceans, and so on.
- Satellite - A satellite image of the map.
- Hybrid - A combination of map and satellite maps.
- Earth - A Google Earth-like view. This view shows where 3D models currently exist.
Available Locations drop-down list
The available locations drop-down list contains all of the available locations where you can create buildings. Select a city from the list, or begin typing a city's name in the field to locate a city.
The Accepted Models counter identifies the number of your buildings accepted into Google Earth.
The Status Bar shows step-by-step instructions for using Building Maker.
The Search box allows you to search for a location to create a building.
Left Panel button
The Left Panel button is used to hide or show the left panel.
On-screen navigation controls
An image of the on-screen navigation controls for the map follows:
The on-screen navigation controls contain the following:
- Arrow buttons allowing you to pan around the map.
- A "Last Location" button allowing you to pan to the last location on the map.
- A zoom slider bar allowing you to zoom in to a location or out from a location on the map.
Steps for creating a building
There are four general steps to creating a building with Building Maker. These steps are listed at various points during the process to help you.
Random Location and Help links
Click on the "Help me choose an interesting location" link to have Building Maker suggest some locations for you to create buildings. A dialog box appears with four suggested images. Click on an image to begin creating a building. Click on "See more suggested locations" to display more images.
Click on "Learning more about Building Maker" to display a web page with additional information about Building Maker.