Entourage, in this case, refers to non-building objects such as trees, road signs, bus stops, etc. These items must be uploaded separately from building models.
Your model will not be accepted for one of the following reasons:
- Your model contains both a building and entourage. Building models should not contain any entourage. All entourage should be uploaded as separate models from building models.
- Your model contains non-permanent entourage models. Airplanes, cars, boats, people or other transient objects are not acceptable.
- Your model contains entourage covering too large of an area.
If your model does not adhere to the above acceptance criteria, you will be notified of the following problem: Model too heavy because of entourage.
Refer to the following to ensure your model is accepted:
- Building Maker
- Building Maker is not suited to create acceptable entourage such as trees. To create quality acceptable entourage models, please use SketchUp.
- Entourage must conform to all other acceptance criteria (incomplete photo texturing, floating, misaligned, etc.).
- If your model includes a building and entourage (trees, signs, light posts) then you are required to split that model into multiple files so that any building structures are not in the same file as the entourage. Please see the help section at the bottom of the ‘Model needs to be divided into separate models' page for more help on splitting your model.
- When making entourage models, it is recommended to group similar entourage in a single model to cover a local area (in other words, all the lamp posts in a park should be in a single SketchUp file). For entourage that covers large areas, it is advised to split the model into several parts. Don’t upload a model that contains all the stop signs for an entire city. Split it up by blocks or intersections instead.
- Small geometry is often down sampled and compressed when it is added to the Photorealistic 3D Buildings layer in Google Earth. This is done to increase performance. To avoid your entourage models becoming distorted it is advised to use textures containing alpha channels such as the .png file type so you can make detailed models with extremely simple geometry.
- For help editing and fixing problems with a SketchUp model that is already uploaded to the 3D Warehouse, see: Editing a SketchUp model in the 3D Warehouse.