To load and select a color from an image:
- Click on the Image Palettes button along the top of the Colors dialog box.
- Select New From File... from the Palette drop-down list below the image well.
- Locate your image in the New Color Palette dialog box.
- Click the Open button. Your image appears in the Image Palettes picker.
- Click and Drag your cursor around the Image well until the color you want is in the Color well.
Note: To switch from image to image, use the pop-up list at the top of the Image Well.
Note: You can also load an image you have copied to the Mac OS X clipboard by selecting New From Pasteboard from the pop-up menu at the bottom of the image well. Additionally, you can drag an image file from the Finder and drop it on the Image Well.