Apply the appropriate scale when importing a CAD file, such as an AutoCAD Drawing (.dwg) or AutoCAD Interchange File (.dxf). To import a CAD file at the correct scale:
- Select the File > Import. The Open dialog box appears.
- Select the type of file to open from the 'Files of type' (Microsoft Windows) or 'Format' (Mac OS X) drop-down list.
- Click the Options button. The import options for the specific CAD file type appears.
- Select the appropriate scale from the Units drop-down list.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Open button. The CAD file is imported.