BugSplat (www.bugsplatsoftware.com) is a 3rd party software application that is integrated in SketchUp to help improve the quality of the product. BugSplat helps us troubleshoot unrecoverable SketchUp errors or crashes. BugSplat provides a mechanism for SketchUp to send information about all crashes to us for troubleshooting.
How Does it Work?
In the rare event that SketchUp crashes you will see a dialog window indicating that SketchUp has crashed or quit unexpectedly. This dialog will give you the option to send us the information regarding the crash. Here is what is collected if you decide to send us the information:
- Your language setting, such as English.
- A 'stack trace' of the bug allowing us to see the exact line of code where SketchUp crashed.
- A list of SketchUp code dependencies.
- (optional) Your name and email address.
- (optional) A description of what you were doing before the crash.