We recently changed the way Google Accounts accesses your information when you have a Google Apps account. Learn more about the Google Accounts conversion.
What does this change look like for me?
Your Google Apps account username will be the same email address that you have already been using to sign in. When you first sign in to the 3D Warehouse with your Google Apps account, you may be asked to accept the terms of service or you may not see any of your models or collections. Not to worry, you still have access to these files with your personal Google account.
One of the easiest ways to manage this change is to use two separate Internet browsers. For example, you could use Internet Explorer® and Firefox® concurrently, or Chrome and another window running Chrome in incognito mode. You can sign in to your Google Apps account (ex:
firstname.lastname@example.org) in one browser, and sign into your personal Google account (ex: email@example.com) in another browser.
If you're interested in sharing or transferring these models to your Google Apps account, see the following sections to learn how to do so.
How can I access my previous models with my Google Apps account?
To reiterate, all of your models are still in the 3D Warehouse. You'll just need to share those models with your Google Apps account. To do so, follow these steps:
- Visit the 3D Warehouse.
- Click Sign In in the upper right-hand corner.
- Sign in with your new personal Google account. (Your email address will most likely resemble this format:
firstname.lastname@example.org.) Once you have signed in, you should find your models and collections under My Warehouse.
- Click on one of your models.
- Click the Access link.
- In the Invite people section, ensure that as collaborators is checked and enter your Google Apps account email address. This is the same email address that you originally used to access the 3D Warehouse (ex:
- Click Invite Collaborators to add that address.
- Click My Warehouse > My Models or My Warehouse > My Collections to repeat this process for your remaining models and collections.
What will happen with my badges, ratings/reviews, and geo-located models?
If you already sign in to the 3D Warehouse with your personal Google account, all of this information will remain unchanged. However, if you would like to access this information with your Google Apps account, there are some steps that you need to take.
To migrate badges to your Apps account, you will need to re-upload each model using your Google Apps account:
- Sign in to the 3D Warehouse with your personal Google account. (Your email address will most likely resemble this format:
- Download each model to your computer.
- Open SketchUp and click the G icon in the lower left hand corner. This will open the Sign In screen.
- Sign in to your Google Apps account. (The email address will most likely resemble this format:
- Click File > Open.
- Browse to and select one of the models that you downloaded in step 2.
- Click File > 3D Warehouse > Share Model...
- You'll need to add the title, description and tags again. You can copy and paste this information from the original model that's already in the 3D Warehouse.
To migrate Geo-located models to your Apps account, you will need to re-upload the model as described in the Badges section. However, there are a few changes that you need to make to your original model so it doesn't conflict with the re-uploaded model:
- Re-upload your model as described in the Badges section.
- Sign in to the 3D Warehouse with your personal Google account. (The email address will most likely resemble this format:
- Click My Warehouse > My Models.
- Click the Edit link below your geo-located model and click Edit details.
- Uncheck the Google Earth Ready checkbox.
- Click Update.
Ratings and Reviews
At this time, there isn't a way to migrate ratings or reviews.