The in-house build (IHB) 5-day option is meant for clients who want a streamlined design along with YouTube videos.
The Rich Media IHB 5-day option lets advertisers launch a masthead on YouTube in about a week. Tracking and complex functionality are built-in with DoubleClick Studio. With this method, DoubleClick completes all DoubleClick Studio production and QA.
Timeline and process
Using the IHB 5-day option, the creative agency sends DoubleClick the final, client-approved PSD files at least five business days before launch. The IHB does not permit custom Flash assets.
If the client needs help developing creative assets, DoubleClick's creative services team may be able to assist in creating IHB masthead assets. For more information on in-house creative solutions, contact your sales representative or DoubleClick campaign manager.
The final, client-approved files must be delivered to DoubleClick at least five days business days before launch.
- Production takes 1 day
- Revision and client approval take 1 day
- DoubleClick QA takes 1 day
- Blackout period for media manager to do final QA, scheduling and trafficking is 2 days
Please include these items in the asset delivery:
- 970x250 background Image: This image should be final and client approved. It should contain all of the imagery, exit buttons, calls to action, and any marketing copy for the unit. These elements should be built out in layers in the PSD file and laid out accordingly.
- Also provide the source PSD file that includes the layers of different elements.
- If using a YouTube video carousel or image carousel, the background image should be 300x250 maximum.
- If using a standard YouTube video layout (on the far right or left of the unit), make the background image 640x250 maximum.
- 970x250 backup image (50K or less): This is a static image that appears to all users who don't have the proper viewing software installed on their browsers.
- This should have a single call-to-action and use imagery that's similar to the main unit.
- If there are videos in the unit, exclude video controls from the backup image as they aren't functional.
- All fonts used in the creative
- Main background exit URL
- YouTube URL/ID for a single video or introductory video, or multiple URLs for a carousel. ALL videos must be uploaded and hosted on YouTube.
- If using multiples, designate which video you want in the default position upon resolve.
- If the advertiser wants the videos hidden on YouTube, set the privacy control to “unlisted.”
- If using a video carousel, 3-4 videos are recommended.
- If the creative includes a full-bleed (970x250) intro video, make sure the video is uploaded to YouTube in the proper size, layout, and aspect ratio for a 970x250 unit.
- As a best practice, this intro video should be 7-10 seconds maximum, but can be up to 30 seconds. Additional helpful guidelines on uploading a video to YouTube.
- Optional assets
- Any additional exit URLs
- Social media URLs
- Images for the image gallery
- If you want an image gallery, DoubleClick can create another tab in the IHB for the user to scroll through photos. Please provide these images if applicable.
- Any brand study or remarketing pixels
- All pixels are required at time of asset delivery as they have to embedded into the Flash.