In a publisher-paid campaign, a creative agency and a publisher pre-arrange to have the publisher pay for ad-serving fees of the placements on their media plan. All publishers are eligible for rich media publisher-paid campaigns. (For information about network-paid campaigns available for a set list of publishers, contact your DoubleClick representative.)
What makes a publisher-paid campaign different?
- Sites must be enabled in the DoubleClick site directory.
- DFA users must indicate that a site placement is publisher paid by checking Publisher Paid rather than the default Agency Paid in the Campaigns tab of DFA Trafficking.
- Sites receive tags using a different method.
Publishers who want to run a rich media publisher-paid campaign must sign an insertion order (IO) provided by a DoubleClick representative. Before the IO can be issued, the media agency must follow these steps:
- Submit the following campaign information to DoubleClick:
- site name
- site contact
- placement name
- impression volume
- creative size
- creative type
- campaign dates
- Verify that your DFA network and site(s) for the campaign are enabled for publisher paid.
- When creating placements in DFA Trafficking, check the Publisher Paid checkbox.
- Notify your campaign manager when you assign the ads to the publisher-paid placements.
- Traffic tags in one of these ways, depending on the site:
- The campaign manager approves the placement, and the trafficker sends the tags.
- The publisher picks up their tags in the Publisher Portal.
How do I retrieve the tags?
There are two ways for a site to receive publisher-paid tags:
- The media agency sends the tags to the site.
The campaign manager approves the placement, then the trafficker sends the tags.
- The sites sign in to the Publisher Portal to pick up the tags.
Sites need their customer ID and billing code to log in.
How do I find my customer ID and billing code to log in to the Publisher Portal?
For details see Rich Media tag pickup instructions.
I can't log in. Or I'm logging into the portal with my customer ID and billing code, but the tags aren't there.
Tell the site to contact DoubleClick's site directory at firstname.lastname@example.org.