How do I set up files?
We recommend that you separate ad content so it loads in two stages: initial and polite load. Setting up files in this way helps you stay within file weight restrictions on sites.
To set up your files:
- Create a parent file to be loaded as soon as the page loads. Place any assets in this file that you want the user to see immediately. The size limit for this file is 40K on most sites.
- Create a child file to be loaded into the parent file once the page has finished loading. The size limit for this file is 60K on most sites. This file is where the majority of your ad content should be.
- Create a backup image. This file should be a JPG, GIF, or PNG. The size limit is 75K on most sites.
- Studio requires that you load a backup image with the SWF files. The backup image appears if a Rich Media creative can't be served.
- Studio doesn't accept subfolders, so keep all files for your creative in one root folder when building an ad.