WARNING: Automatic spooling/unspooling may not be enabled by default. To enable it, you must allocate storage space for each of your servers, and turn on spooling, as described below.
- Choose your top-level Account org from the Choose Org list, at the top of any page.
- Go to the Inbound Servers tab.
A page appears listing each of your email configs, and the amount of spooling space allocated to them. Initially, it displays your total allocation available, and one email config with 0 MB allocated to it.
- On the Spool Allocation page, click the Edit link in the dark gray bar.
- On the Spool Allocation’s Edit page, type the amount of disk space, in megabytes (MB), to allocate to the email config’s server. One decimal point is OK (as in 10.1). Then click Submit.
Tip: If you have only one server, allocate all your space to it. Otherwise, type a partial amount so you can allocate the rest to other servers added later.
- Go back to Orgs and Users > Orgs, and from the Choose Org list, choose your email config.
- Go to Inbound Servers > Spool Mgr, and on the Spool Manager page, click the Edit link in the dark gray bar.
- On Spool Manager’s Edit page, under Spooling Mechanism, select Automatic.
- Under Unspooling Control, also select Automatic. Then click Submit.
- Set up alerts to automatically email administrators when spooling occurs (see Set Up Administrator Alerts).
- If you’ve added multiple servers to your service, repeat these steps for each server’s email config.