Initially, your hierarchy has one org for adding users, which you can configure with settings for those users. To tailor service differently for another group of users, create a new org for them. Create it as a sub-org of another org in your hierarchy—of your initial user org or email config, for example.
- Go to Orgs and Users > Orgs, and click the parent org, under which you want to add the new sub-org. Tip: The new org initially gets a copy of settings from its parent, so make sure the parent is configured with settings you want copied.
WARNING: If you’ve added multiple mail servers to the service, be sure to create the org somewhere below the right email config for its users (the one mapped to the users’ server). See Set Up Your Hierarchy.
- On the parent’s Organization Management page, type a name for the org in the New Org form (100 characters or less). Then click Add.
The name in the gray bar changes, indicating that you're now looking at your new org's settings.
- Click links on this page to change settings, as desired for this org's users.
Tip: Once created, the sub-org remains independent of its parent. Changes made later to the parent won’t affect the sub-org.
- Add users to the new org (see Add Users).
- Optionally, assign privileges for one or more administrators to manage the new org. Administrators of the parent org have privileges to manage it, too.