Enable Message Center access for both the Default User and the users’ org:
- On the Administration Console’s Home page, type the Default User’s address (pdefault@your_domain.com) in the User Shortcut form, and click View Settings.
Tip: If administering several users, clicking the Launch link opens the User Shortcut form in its own window.
- On the Default User’s User Overview page, scroll down and click User Access.
- On the User Access page, set Message Center Access to Enabled and click Save. Don’t change any other permissions.
WARNING: Don’t check or uncheck any permissions on any user’s User Access page. Make sure Message Center Access in Enabled, but leave other settings alone. Set them instead for the org, as described below.
- Go to Orgs and Users > Orgs, and click your user org (indented below your email config ).
- On the org’s Organization Management page, scroll down and click User Access.
- Check the boxes on the User Access page as desired, to determine what users can view and modify at the Message Center. For example, here are some common settings:
Users Can... Permission Read Modify View spam filtering status (but not turn on/off) Junk Email Settings Change their own filter levels Spam Filters Add personal approved/blocked senders Sender Lists View virus status (but not turn virus blocking off) Virus Settings View their virus-infected messages at the Message Center, but not forward them to their inbox WARNING: Leave unchecked for all users. Show Deliver-As-Is Leave off. This is a legacy feature that forwarded messages to a text-enabled phone or other mobile device (North American data centers, only) Wireless Settings Change their passwords Password Manage their own user aliases Email Aliases Choose their language and time zone Regional Settings
For users to view a particular setting (such as their filter levels), but not make changes, check Read but uncheck Modify for that setting. Or uncheck Read and they won’t see that setting, at all.
- Enable the org’s Quarantine Summary and Welcome notifications (see Send Notifications to Users).