What if I already see my listing on Google?
If your listing is already on Google, you may still want to verify it in order to personalize the listing with photos, videos and more. Verified listings also appear to users with the phrase "Verified by Business Owner."
To verify your listing, search for it on Google maps. When you've found it:
- Click on the name of your business in the search results in the left-hand panel of Google Maps.
- In the information box that appears, click more info next to your business's name.
- In the right hand menu, scroll down to Is this your business? and click Manage this page.
- Three options appear. You can:
- Edit the information in the listing.
- Suspend it to stop it from appearing on Google.
- Add your business as a new listing, if you realize that the business you're trying to verify isn't yours.
- For each of these options, we'll ask you to verify that you are the business owner.
Even if you don't search for your business first, you can use the Put your listing in Maps link and then click Add another business in your Google Places account. When you submit basic information about your listing to Google Places, we'll let you know if there's already a listing with the information you submitted. You'll then have two options:
- You can claim that listing by clicking Edit, and edit the information about your business that appears on Google. It prevents you from creating a duplicate listing, which might confuse others trying to find information about your business.
- Add your business as a new listing by clicking Add a new listing if the other listing we show isn't the one you were trying to add. You can verify that listing and edit the information about your business that appears on Google. It prevents you from creating a duplicate listing, which might confuse others trying to find information about your business.
In both cases, you'll need to verify your listing before it will appear on Google.