Are you sure you want to delete your Orkut account? This is important, because deleting your profile is totally permanent.
If you’re absolutely sure, follow the steps below to permanently delete your Orkut profile:
- Click settings or, if you linked your profile, click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- On the general tab, click delete my Orkut account.
- You'll be taken to a page that gives further instructions and a link to delete my account. Clicking this link will redirect you to the "Delete Orkut" page of your Google Account.
- Check the box confirming that you really want to permanently delete your Orkut profile from your Google Account.
- Enter your password and click Remove Orkut. Your Orkut profile will be deleted, but your Google Account will remain active.
Your profile will now rest forever and you won’t be able to bring it back, nor restore any of the information from the deleted profile.
Also keep in mind that any communities you own won't be deleted when you delete your profile. If you'd like to also delete your communities, remember to do so before deleting your profile. Alternatively, you may also transfer ownership of your community to another member. Otherwise, another member may become the moderator of any ownerless communities.
What's a Google Account?
A Google Account is a unified sign-in system made up of an email address and password of your choice. It gives you access to various free Google products, including Orkut, Gmail, Google Groups, Google Docs, Blogger, Picasa and more.
If you've used any of these products before, you already have a Google Account. To try new Google products, such as Orkut, simply sign in with your existing Google Account information. Your account username is the email address you entered when you created your Google Account. If you have a Gmail account, you can use your Gmail username and password to sign in to your Google Account and to new Google products. You can find out more about Google Accounts at the Google Accounts Help Center.