There are many ways to show a place on a map. For example, the latitude and longitude of the Basilica of la Sagrada Familia in Barcelona can be expressed as:
- Degrees, minutes and seconds 41° 24' 12.1674", 2° 10' 26.508"
- Degrees and decimal minutes 41 24.2028, 2 10.4418
- Decimal degrees 41.40338, 2.17403
Google Maps coordinates are expressed in decimal degrees to comply with the most common Geographic Information Systems.
When using Google Maps you can search by coordinates expressed in different formats and alternatively you can find out the coordinates of a point.
Sending a location to your navigation device is easy, you can:
- Send that location directly to your device, to learn more visit the help article dedicated to Using Maps with your navigation device
- Convert the coordinates to your specific device input format for manual enter. The rounding applied during the conversion can affect the accuracy of the location displayed on the map. Learn more about geographic coordinates conversion and start your journey with Google Maps.