There are three main ways to change the information on Google Maps:
- Report a problem: Is the new housing development in your town not on the map? Are streets missing or roads renamed? Report a problem enables you to tell us about changes in the world around you that aren't reflected in Google Maps. It's also a tool for letting us know of any edits or suggestions you have for Google Maps.
- Fix a problem: You may see a place on the map that isn’t there anymore (or perhaps was never there in the first place), is closed, is a duplicate of another listing, or contains private information. Fix a problem allows you to edit details related to businesses and similar locations.
- Edit the map with Map Maker: Map the places you know! In areas where Map Maker is available, you can edit map data directly.
- Places / Businesses / Points of Interest
- Map location markers
- Roads / Streets
- Directions / Transit
- Other problems
Note: This feature is only available in certain countries. Learn below how to report an issue with Google Maps in the countries where Report a problem is not available.
To Report a problem:
- Access Report a problem from one of the following places:
- Click the Report a problem link at the bottom of the left hand panel after searching for directions, an address, or a business.
- Right click anywhere on map and select Report a problem
- Click the Report a problem link at the bottom-right corner of the Map
- Fill out the form for the type of problem you’d like to report. Depending on your category, you'll be asked for additional information.
- When you're ready to submit your report you can also select the Email me when problem is resolved check-box if you want to receive updates about the status of your report.
- Click Submit.
Watch a video on how to Report a problem (English only).
Report errors in countries where "Report a problem" is not available:
Our data providers are listed in the lower right-hand corner of the map. In some cases, you may have to zoom in to see the specific provider for an area. If the data provider is Tele Atlas and you want to report an error directly to them, use the Map Insight system. If you don't find your local data provider in the above list and Map Maker isn't available, please locate the correct data provider and contact them directly.
You can use Edit details to:
- Edit inaccurate details for a local business, such as: business name, address, phone, category, or website.
- Move the marker from an inaccurate location.
Note: This feature is only available in certain countries.
To Edit details in Google Maps:
- Search for a place on the map.
- In the panel on the left, click more > Edit details.
- In the info window, click more > Edit details.
- Make the appropriate changes and click Submit.
To move the marker in Google Maps:
- Search for the place on the map.
- In the info window, click more > Move marker.
- Click and drag the marker to the correct location. Use the X to help you place the marker. Click again to place and save the new marker location.
You can also edit this information directly from a business’s Google+ page. Click Edit business details below the profile picture on a local Google+ page to edit the business listing. If you are the owner of a business, you can verify your business.
Contribute your knowledge of the world to add or change map information for more than 200 countries and regions with Google Map Maker. Map Maker is only available in certain countries.Watch a video on how to use Map Maker (English only).
To edit Google Maps in Map Maker:
- Open maps.google.com.
- Click the Edit in Map Maker button in the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Add New or Edit. Make your edits, then click Save when finished.