You can use the Distance Measurement Tool to easily calculate the distance from one location to another in Google Maps.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit maps.google.com.
- Click the Maps Labs link at the bottom of the left-hand panel.
- Enable the Distance Measurement Tool.
- Click Save changes.
- Click the ruler icon at the lower left-hand corner of the map.
- Click your starting point on the map, then click your destination point to trace the path. A red path will appear on the map between the two locations, and the distance will be shown in the left panel.
Tips and tricks
- You can choose between two different units: Metric (in km) or English (in mi).
- Calculate the distance between multiple locations by clicking on more than one location on the map.
- If you sign in using your Google account, Google Maps will remember your Maps Labs preferences.