When signed in to your Google account, you can easily save your work and home addresses. Saving these important places makes it easier to find them on the map and quickly access them for getting directions to and from home or work. Once saved, you can access these places easily from both desktop Maps as well as Google Maps on iOS.
Add and edit
To add your Home or Work location:
- Tap the My Profile icon on the home screen.
- Click Enter home address or Enter work address and type your address.
- Tap Done. The location will automatically save.
To edit or delete your Home or Work:
- Tap the My Profile icon to open the Settings menu.
- Click Edit home or work and select the location you wish to edit.
- Edit the address in the top search bar or clear the address to delete this location as your home or work.
- Select Done in the bottom right to save this address.
See your home and work on the Map
To center the map on your home or work location:
- Click the My Profile icon or Work .
- See this location on the map.
Get directions to and from
Tired of typing in your home address every time you need directions home? Now you can get directions to and from your home or work in just a few taps.
To get directions to or from Home or Work:
First make sure that you have saved your home and work locations in your profile.
- From the home screen, select the directions icon .
- Choose the mode of transportation in the top left corner.
- To get directions Home, click the saved location labeled “Home” with the house icon in the bottom of the screen. To get directions to work, click the “Work” location identified by a briefcase .
- Your direction results will appear in the bottom half of the screen.