When getting directions you have the option to see routes customized for cyclists. These routes are created using several different kinds of roads and paths, indicated on the map:
- A darker green line indicates bike trails where there are no motor vehicles.
- A lighter green line indicates streets with bike lanes.
- A green and white dotted line indicates streets recommended for cyclists, but without a bike lane.
To get biking directions, follow these steps:
- Open the Maps menu and select Directions or touch Directions on a Place page.
- Select the Biking icon, represented by a cyclist.
- Select your start and end points. By default, your start address will use the My Location (beta) feature to get directions from your current location. You can enter a physical address or search for a location, contact, previous query, or starred place.
- After getting directions, you can launch turn-by-turn Biking Navigation by touching the Navigation icon (if supported in your region).
Note: Biking directions and transit are not available in all locations. Not all parts of a route may consist of biking lanes.