The Transit feature allows you to easily get directions that include real-time public transit options using Google Maps for mobile.
To use Transit, follow these steps:
- Open the Maps menu and select Directions.
Touch Get Directions on a Place page.
- Select the Transit icon, represented by a bus.
- Select your start and end points. By default, your start address will use the My Location feature to get directions from your current location. You can enter a physical address or search for a location, contact, previous query, or starred place.
- Select a trip. You'll see a list of possible route times and options that include a combination of walking and transit directions.
- Touch Show later or earlier trips to see additional departure options. By default, your departure time will be set to the current time, but you may modify your route time by selecting Departing.
- After selecting a trip, you can launch stop-by-stop GPS Transit Navigation by touching the Navigation icon (if supported in your region).
Note: Transit information is sourced from various public transportation agencies and may not be available in all locales.
See the list of locales where Transit directions are available. This list may not be available in all languages and should be viewed from a desktop computer.