Watch a video on how to get directions.
To get directions to a specific location in Google Maps for mobile:
- Open the map view.
- Select Menu > Directions.
Touch a specific location, search result, friend, or place from the map. Then select Get directions.
- Select your start and end points. By default, your start address will use the My Location feature to get directions from your current location. You can enter a physical address or search for a location, contact, previous query, or starred place.
- Select your transportation method. Depending on your region, you can select from driving, walking, bicycling or transit directions. Touch Get Directions to see your route on the map.
Select the navigation icon to launch turn-by-turn GPS Navigation (Beta) (if available for your region and transportation method).
If indoor maps is available at the venue, you can also set your end point by following by either:
- Tapping a specific store or location on the map
- Searching for a local business and selecting the name name of the location