In Google Maps, you can quickly access certain places from your search history, such as previously searched locations and queries, without having to type them in again. You'll see any available search history appear below the search box along with other search suggestions.
To view your recent searches in Maps:
- Go to My Places.
- Touch Recent.
Maps provides search history stored both on your phone and in your Google Account with Web History.
Manage search history on your phone
Google Maps stores your search history locally on your phone by default. To clear locally stored search history:
Note: This will clear the following locally stored info, if applicable: search history, My Places data, favorites, cookies, preferences, map and satellite image cache, and layers.
- Open the Settings app on your phone or tablet.
- Select Applications.
- Select Manage Applications.
- Scroll through the list of applications and choose Google Maps.
- Select Uninstall updates.
You can also manage your Web History directly from your phone following these steps:
- In Google Maps click the bottom menu.
- Choose Settings > Info > Terms, Privacy & Notices.
- Select Web History. This will bring you to your Web History page where you have the option to Pause your Web History, remove certain items from your history, or remove all Web History.
Learn more about how to manage Web History in your Google Account.